Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 800 in Posi+ive feedback
(03-Mar-2016, 17:39)Antoine Wrote: Nice review, apart from the usual factual errors of course. Wink

The 'blue gap/gum' material he's talking about is in all Devialet models.

Also I think it the ADH stage that's responsible for the superior bass performance and not/not just the SMPS (which of course has to keep up in supplying power) inside the Devialets.

Again we have a reviewer who seems to think AIR is WiFi only while it's the mandatory protocol used for both ethernet and WiFi.

He forgets to mention/doesn't know SAM can be dialed up and down instead of just being turned on and off.

He also states that the D800 has an upgraded machined aluminium case.  It's not "upgraded" it's the original design D-Premier case.  Oh it's fun to nit pick!  Having said that, I actually thought this was a very good read, in comparison to a lot of online reviews, outstanding.  I also liked the comment that a $1500 mains cable was a no brainier!  I'm sure the cable cynics on here will like that one!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Devialet 800 in Posi+ive feedback - by David - 03-Mar-2016, 10:01
RE: Devialet 800 in Posi+ive feedback - by Confused - 03-Mar-2016, 21:08