Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes I hate Windows
Following Antoine's good advise I have checked my update history.  To be honest, I'm still none the wiser as to if this was "the big Windows 10 November, threshold 2" Antoine mentioned, see screenshot below:

Plus, I apparently need a restart to complete this.  Strange, as the machine has been re-started a number of times since the Friday update.  Confused (who normally isn't that confused) is indeed confused today.  Everything is working as it should though, so lets try the re-start to see if I really can mess everything up......
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Well the restart didn't take long, now I have this:

Time will tell if everything works smoothly and if I now have a nice new super improved PC  .....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
You're just showing the last three new updates, we'd need to know what happened friday. Smile

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5472-...-10-a.html
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
That is all it lists in the update history, however, if I venture into "uninstall", I find many things, although they mostly appear to relate to my very old version of MS Office.

So all a bit of an anti-climax really.
And nothing to indicate why Devialet AIR has re-named itself to "Hi-Fi Cable input Devialet AIR"?
That's the list you probably got through Control Panel instead of the Windows update app.

However considering how long the list of 4/3 installed updates is I'd hate to ask to also screenshot the other list. And it may not even show the big update you got, I checked my PC and it's not listed here as well. This is probably because of it actually being a Windows upgrade, which confusingly is also offered as as an update in Windows Update.

If you run 'winver' (just type it in your start menu and press enter) and Windows is showing you're running version 1511, build 10586.122 you're completely up to date. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(06-Mar-2016, 12:52)Confused Wrote: And nothing to indicate why Devialet AIR has re-named itself to "Hi-Fi Cable input Devialet AIR"?

Well that's a really weird one! Is that the -exact- name showing in Windows?

You didn't install software like VB-Audio ASIO bridge?

The Netherlands
Yes, it shows version 1511 (OS build 10586.122.)

I suspect Friday's update was just a punishment from evil empire Microsoft for not spending more cash on a later version of MS Office. Although for what it's worth, everything appears to be running as it should.
I've had those windows updates the last few days on my machines but they went relatively swiftly
So Im thinking it could be the Office update being the slow one ...Im also running Office 2007 on one of those machines but sine i have not updated it since year dot Im not willing to test this theory ....it could take months for mine to update LOL Wink
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(04-Mar-2016, 12:55)hk6230 Wrote: Do you find or hear any difference on sound after this latest update?

Oddly enough, yes.  As you know, I while back I reverted to the non-beta version of AIR, with almost perfect results.  Recent issues with stuttering gone.  Today, much stuttering and restarts of AIR required.  It's settled down now, but it does seam a step back.

Plus, I would like to reiterate my previous question, Devialet AIR has re-named itself to "Hi-Fi Cable input Devialet AIR", has anyone else noticed this change? Plus, is there any significance in this re-designation?