Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations please
Hi all, new to the forum and needing some help. I've recently moved to a new place and have a large living area now. It's all open plan and ceiling height at 10 metres, as it's a converted barn. I'm currently using a B&O A9 and two Zeppelin Airs in here. 

My issue with the setup is that there just isn't enough bass - plenty of power though. I'd like to keep using my AirPlay setup as everything is in ALAC on my iMac and I don't really want to change. So how stable is the Phantom Silver in AirPlay via Airport Express ( I have two other speakers in the house using express stations and they're fine)

Also, what's the recommendation - one or two Silver Phantom's? I'd like to keep my A9 connected and use it also.

Pic of my living area ...

[Image: image.jpeg]
Nice house! Smile
I would go for two Silver Phantom and a Dialog. The optical inputs are stable, personally I've never encountered any issues. If you are planning to use the A9 in the same room as the Phantoms you'll likely have some synchronisation issues, the delay for a stereo pair of Phantom is about 160 ms.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Two of course. Your house look really spacious.
Holy smokes! So much space!

2 silvers is the way to go. Add more when it's still not enough.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Thanks guys. Tbh, the existing speakers fill the space with sound, it is the bass that's the issue.
Buy a nice subwoofer.
Was trying to figure how to connect a subwoofer to my existing setup via AirPlay but haven't seen a solution
I sold my B&0 A9 as soon as I heard a silver phantom at home. Definately buy 2 silver plantoms, rather than keeping the A9 with a single plantom. There is no comparison!
and moreover you will simplify your set up and have potentially enough bass to bring the roof down!
(05-Mar-2016, 07:42)MrSinister Wrote: Buy a nice subwoofer.

I woud go for a subwoofer if you love the sound of the current system.
And not even an expansive one. You prolly just need to add a little bit of bass.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
I have no solution that I can think of to add just a subwoofer as none of the current speakers have a sub input and I'm trying to keep the AirPlay working. I have three other AirPlay speakers in other rooms.