Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highest Possible Sound Quality from iTunes
(05-Apr-2016, 18:16)Confused Wrote:  (Typing this I've just remembered the TotalDac is 'Roon ready', but just as an 'end point' I'm guessing?)

It has to be said though, the options here are endless.  My brain is now thinking get a Melco N1A.  It offers almost all of the SQ you could get anywhere at a very reasonable price, sit back and enjoy while the world of music servers develops at 100mph.  

TotalDAC not there yet FYI. (asterisks on the RoonReady page = undergoing certification)

What would you 'drive' the Melco with front-end wise out of interest? Or maybe its SQ is so good (feedback definitely suggest this) the iTunes/Roon/other debate would be less important, you might just forget about it!

(05-Apr-2016, 18:16)Confused Wrote: Oh,  and then there's that Microrendu widget...…

Well, there is that too! But then no iTunes there either. And it might be rubbish for all we know - but it sounds like there will be at least some less biased reports coming in pretty soon.

Maybe the Melco is the place to start - if you like how it sounds and you can live with a control Ap, then you're set. They've said they're looking at RoonReady so at least there's a hint of hope for the future if you wanted to go back to Roon. But then N1A or N1ZH!? Wink

Or maybe at the end of April you'll have the option of a new streaming board for you expert(s)….

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Highest Possible Sound Quality from iTunes - by Hifi_swlon - 06-Apr-2016, 10:35