Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highest Possible Sound Quality from iTunes
So in conclusion. If you want to use track ratings, then the options are:
1. Computer based, so use a PC with JRiver, iTunes with a Mac (or similar options with NUC's etc.)
2. Something made by Aurender - It's worth noting that this is the ONLY option in the list that allows track rating from the control app itself.
3. Music Servers that are basically a Windows PC, such as the CAD CAT.
4. Music servers that will run Roon. You would still have to make things like smart playlists, or create a playlist of specific artist / rated 5 or whatever in iTunes, but at least the Roon'd server would pick these up directly on start up. (Personally, I quite like this option, you could spend a few minutes on a computer sorting out a few playlists, once done, no messing with a computer whilst playing through a pretty looking Roon app. Get fed up with / finish these playlists, then take a few minutes to set up some more)

It intrigues me that the only thing on the entire planet, the whole wide world, that will allow the rating or sorting of a track in the control app is the Aurender. Can this be true? Can anyone think of another?

Actually, I have thought of one other, which would be to use a Mac Mini headless with full screen style remote access, so you would have the full iTunes screen, maybe on an iPad Pro. (Or a similar set-up with NUC + Windows Pro + Remote access app) This is cheating a bit though, because it is still basically a full screen computer set up. This does still leave the question of is the Aurender really the only thing in the known universe that will allow track ratings in the app itself?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Highest Possible Sound Quality from iTunes - by Confused - 08-Apr-2016, 13:06