Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highest Possible Sound Quality from iTunes
(08-Apr-2016, 13:22)GuillaumeB Wrote: Surely J Remote lets you input ratings on the fly... no? I don't have it here but looking at screenshots it looks as though it does.

Other than that I think your list is narrowing down nicely  Wink

The Roon business does seem like a bit of a faff though - why add all these extra steps. I say stick with iTunes and optimise it with Audirvana etc.

Or go down the J River route with the CAD. Assuming J Remote will let you do the stuff you need to do. Mind you you can always run a remote access screen...

And of course (when does this end?!@!) the Aurender might fit the bill nicely, and sound super to boot... hang on I thought we were narrowing down your list!  Big Grin Tongue  

Guillaume

Guillaume - You are absolute correct, JRemote does let you input track ratings.  In fact it is an optional feature, it's disabled by default, but you can tweak a few setting in JRiver and then add ratings to the specific track you are playing on an iPad.  What you can't do via JRemote is anything useful with the ratings, that is to sort or filter tracks by rating, much the same with the iTunes app, you can only sensibly use ratings when in full screen mode on an actual computer.  I believe the Aurender conductor app can do some of this stuff, I have played briefly with the conductor app but certainly not enough to have formed an opinion.  Demo's planned later this month should give me more of an idea re conductor.  Again the CAD CAT gets tempting when you think about this stuff, for example you can directly plug in a touch screen PC monitor for full functionality, maybe stick the screen on a nice Meridian style support.  I'm sure one day we will see full function remote apps capable of all sorts of stuff on nice big iPad Pro type screens, not anytime soon though I'm guessing.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Highest Possible Sound Quality from iTunes - by Confused - 09-Apr-2016, 07:12