Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highest Possible Sound Quality from iTunes
(04-Apr-2016, 22:04)Confused Wrote:
(04-Apr-2016, 20:53)ozthepoz Wrote: Couldn't you just store your iTunes library on a Melco, in AIFF format? Melco connected to your Devialet via ethernet.

You'd be using iTunes as the front-end, Melco for storage and AIR (in it's Ethernet mode, if that makes sense) as the transmission mechanism. Not sure if this is feasible, but it's something I'm keen to explore too.

Ethernet AIR is much more reliable than Wireless AIR, in my opinion, and I know that many people have issues with iTunes, but I've been using it for years and enjoy the familiarity.

I'm not sure if I've interpreted this correctly?  If you are connecting a Melco to a Devialet via Ethernet, this would require AIR to be loaded onto the Melco.  AIR comes in different versions for Windows and Mac, but nothing suitable for a Melco running Linux?

Having said that, a Melco somehow running iTunes would be most excellent for my needs.  I just don't see how it could be done?  I presume impossible?

I believe the new Melco app is coming soon, I will cirtainly be interested to see what that looks like.  But that's something for the Melco thread.

Can we have iTunes Library residing in Melco, and using iTunes as the server to serve digital files to the Devialet via Melco's Player LAN port? 

I'd like to avoid outputting Melco via USB as its isolated Ethernet output is supposed to be far superior.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E

Messages In This Thread
RE: Highest Possible Sound Quality from iTunes - by tategoi - 17-Apr-2016, 07:01