Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highest Possible Sound Quality from iTunes
In my quest I have learnt many things. Here are two of them, firstly Kinsky can read iTunes playlists, secondly you can connect a PC to a Melco and control the Melco using Kinsky loaded onto the PC. These two together made me think that here might be a workable solution to my quest, something that would talk to a high quality source like a Melco and know the secrets of my iTunes playlists. So tonight I have tried loading Kinsky on my PC, just to get a feel for its operability. To be honest, I am utterly staggered by the lack of functionality in Kinksky. Yes, it picks up iTunes playlists, this is good, but once you have the said playlist that is just about where the functionality ends, you can't, for example, sort on artist or create a simple track listing, it doesn't even show the artist in the playlist view, just a bunch of tiles with minimal artwork and the track title. Elsewhere I had been moaning a bit about some features lacking in Roon, but in comparison to this Roon is utterly epic!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Highest Possible Sound Quality from iTunes - by Confused - 19-Apr-2016, 21:41