Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speakers for a D120
(17-Sep-2014, 14:41)LBameule Wrote: Yeah, as to the wife issue, the system is in the living room, therefore...

That's exactly the idea re: the Atohm. Thanks!

I thought I was cruising on auto-pilot with my wife until I purchased some Viard Audio Design cables. They were white -- just like the Atohm GT1s -- but they were the size of garden hoses. She hates those cables! I told her that when we moved back to the U.S.A. permanently I would "consider" replacing them. So I have bought some time...
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(17-Sep-2014, 15:11)Flashman Wrote:
(17-Sep-2014, 14:41)LBameule Wrote: Yeah, as to the wife issue, the system is in the living room, therefore...

That's exactly the idea re: the Atohm. Thanks!

I thought I was cruising on auto-pilot with my wife until I purchased some Viard Audio Design cables. They were white -- just like the Atohm GT1s -- but they were the size of garden hoses. She hates those cables! I told her that when we moved back to the U.S.A. permanently I would "consider" replacing them. So I have bought some time...

Well, as I cannot seem to find a "LBameule's System" thread I'll just use this.

Thanks to the OAC I finally took the bait and exchanged my trusty D120 for a 220Pro. Very happy for the change. My speakers have been KEF LS50s since those days long ago when I was asking the above. Still love them... some day I'll probably look for something new, but I'm more than happy for now. What I have added to the system is a microRendu (Roon - HQPlayer - mR) and a PowerPlant P3, not only to enhance the incoming juice to the system but also to protect it from spikes and the like.

Cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk