Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vibration sensitivity
I know nothing about vibration control but I am an admirer of Max Townshend who appears to have done innovative research-based work there and in other audio fields.

He was early to the game in relation to cryogenic treatment of cables and air insulation; has produced lots of stuff derived from vibration research with his stands, platforms, turntables and arms (including an early adopter of an arm damping trough); was also early with super tweeters; and has produced loudspeakers and pre-power amplifiers (with his pre-amplifiers rated as pre-eminent by Martin Colloms, one of our few remaining critical reviewers).

At the HiFi News Show about 18 months ago, which had the very best kit from Absolute Sounds (including Devialet) and Kog and BD Audio, he produced what Guillaume and I considered to be the best sound of the show, in quite a confined room.

The only other turntable and arm guru that springs (pun) to mind in the UK is the late Alastair Robertson-Aikman of SME - though his publicity tended to come from his renowned listening room rather than his technical expertise.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
Vibration sensitivity - by f1eng - 17-Apr-2016, 18:38
RE: Vibration sensitivity - by IanG-UK - 17-Apr-2016, 19:51
RE: Vibration sensitivity - by Duomike - 19-Apr-2016, 05:49
RE: Vibration sensitivity - by Rodney Gold - 19-Apr-2016, 07:04
RE: Vibration sensitivity - by Duomike - 19-Apr-2016, 09:28