Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
Results of online Chat with customer care 5 minutes ago:

Q: When will details be available regarding the upgrade for the Expert Line?

A: Hello this is Customer care. You should receive an email soon including much details.

Q: When is soon? Days? Weeks?

A: I am sorry but I do not have that Info.

Patience is a virtue. Angel
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
(18-Jul-2016, 12:25)hk6230 Wrote:
(18-Jul-2016, 05:54)baddog Wrote: Did you take a walk around the block, or have a cold frosty?

He poured a cold beer on himself.  Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(19-Jul-2016, 02:55)Jnan_devi Wrote:
(18-Jul-2016, 12:25)hk6230 Wrote:
(18-Jul-2016, 05:54)baddog Wrote: Did you take a walk around the block, or have a cold frosty?

He poured a cold beer on himself.  Tongue

Tongue  Tongue  Tongue

Well that is certainly one way to chill out!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(18-Jul-2016, 13:28)baconbrain Wrote: Q: When is soon? Days? Weeks?

A: I am sorry but I do not have that Info.

That explains everything concerning Devialet Big Grin
They don´t even know, what SOON is Tongue Tongue Tongue
I'm wondering if the upgrade is the best SQ upgrade for the money spend. I'm really happy with current setup (400 + B&W 804D2) including AIR streaming from my Macbook... Next upgrade for me would be to move to the B&W 803D3.... I guess that the money 'between' the speaker upgrade is little more than the upgrade of the Expert, but if the next step is a streamer board in 2017 it could be close between the upgrade cost of the speakers and the Devialet 2017 end state....

What would you do when you had a 10k budget? Speaker upgrade or bring the Devialet up to date in 18 months....
Speakers, without a doubt. Devialet 400 is already a great sounding product.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
I would not spend 1 more cent in Devialet and the upgrade unless it is full implemented sometime - including(!) the promised streaming board - and has been tested by some users. As I have no trust anymore in them at all. When the streaming board does, what we all expect (including Roon ready), I may think about it again.

And I think, this might last until later than 2017 Confused Maybe outdated by another expensive upgrade Blush

So far I would take the money and make a nice holiday trip to somewhere I always wanted to go Big Grin

Or maybe make a speaker upgrade (after listening carefully to it at home), yes Rolleyes
(19-Jul-2016, 07:46)kerkhoffd Wrote: Speakers, without a doubt. Devialet 400 is already a great sounding product.

Agreed, hands down!
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
Finally had a direct conversation with Devialet - making an excuse about not keeping the mid July deadline and explaining why. I also got the new final deadline which is between 25-27th. Will also have a phone call later today to further discuss certain topics that I think have to be solved / communicated urgently.
(19-Jul-2016, 10:44)markush Wrote: Finally had a direct conversation with Devialet - making an excuse about not keeping the mid July deadline and explaining why. I also got the new final deadline which is between 25-27th. Will also have a phone call later today to further discuss certain topics that I think have to be solved / communicated urgently.

One small step for man one giant leap for Mankind. Well done Markush.