Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
(26-Jul-2016, 12:02)RebelMan Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 07:35)Jnan_devi Wrote: 5) New ADC PCM4202 - the best in class out there and an upgrade.

There seems to be a discrepancy with the ADC chip among the various models both Expert and Expert Pro.  I have seen the 120 listed with the 4202 and the rest the 4220 but now it seems all the models both Expert and Expert Pro are using the same 4202 chip.  Can this be confirmed?

I was looking for a white paper for expert series. Could not locate one. Our previous generation ADC chips when i last checked (Maybe in 2014) were already withdrawn from TI or Outdated at that time. hence checked for PCM4202 for outdated / withdrawn. this one is good to go Smile. Thats all my take on this, nothing professional about it.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(26-Jul-2016, 11:53)RebelMan Wrote:  I don't see how people think the upgrade path for the 120 is such a good deal.  

Based on the UK prices its a bloody good deal.

120 owners are the only ones able to jump to the next model up in the range without paying anything additional.

D-prem owners are next best, since according to all the posts on these forums the period of eligibility to upgrade to the current model (at the time) ended yonks ago. So what was a pretty much an outdated model can now be brought bang up to date for the same price as everyone else.

Neither upsets me particularly as I was never going to upgrade anyway - I'm glad for everyone getting a good deal.
But it doesn't follow any real common sense logic from an entire customer base POV.

Other than the few that will lways upgrade to the latest and greatest, I can't see anyone rushing to upgrade since Devialet are pretty much saying "just bide your time as there's a good chance you'll be able to bring your old model bank up to date at some point in the future". Anyone that upgraded previously from D premiers- not because they wanted the new features, but because they didn't want to be left without an upgrade path - must be feeling a bit miffed?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(26-Jul-2016, 15:24)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 11:53)RebelMan Wrote:  I don't see how people think the upgrade path for the 120 is such a good deal.  
 Anyone that upgraded previously from D premiers- not because they wanted the new features, but because they didn't want to be left without an upgrade path - must be feeling a bit miffed?

+1 Include me in the "bit miffed" group. I wish I would have waited when upgrading my D Premier to the 250. I could have saved approx. 3,400 € ..  Dodgy
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
(26-Jul-2016, 15:34)baconbrain Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 15:24)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
 Anyone that upgraded previously from D premiers- not because they wanted the new features, but because they didn't want to be left without an upgrade path - must be feeling a bit miffed?

+1 Include me in the "bit miffed" group. I wish I would have waited when upgrading my D Premier to the 250. I could have saved approx. 3,400 € ..  Dodgy

Let's not kid ourselves that any of this was done for the benefit of existing users. 

Devialet have carried out a refresh of their existing technology after ~ 3 years in order to maintain market share in the face of increasing competition - fair enough, that is standard practice, I would say. 

By making the new parts backwards-compatible with the old cases etc. they make it possible to upgrade, but in general, the price they charge will gain them as much revenue as selling a new unit - they don't care either way. 

Apart from a concession to O d'A owners, there is no reflection on what folk have done up to this point. I don't believe that this was anything other than a pre-planned strategy, and they have no reason to change it. They are in a win-win situation. 

If they gave a damn about existing users, then they would have already addressed some of the things about which people have been complaining, such as AIR or the remote app. All we have heard are some fine words from the CEO which have yet to materialise into anything tangible, and most probably won't. Classic Smoke & Mirrors marketing.  

I love my D400, and would consider a higher model at some point, but let's not confuse business with emotion - Devialet are in business to make money. Period.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Anyone know how they managed to squeeze an extra 20W out of the 200 - in the cheaper case with limited heat-sinking - but nothing extra for the 250 with its circa £8,000 case and new solid copper base?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(26-Jul-2016, 16:24)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Anyone know how they managed to squeeze an extra 20W out of the 200 - in the cheaper case with limited heat-sinking - but nothing extra for the 250 with its circa £8,000 case and new solid copper base?

It's a fine question for anyone going to one of the many launches happening around the world soon.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(25-Jul-2016, 20:40)Soniclife Wrote: Anyone know anything about the promised 'advantageous conditions' for those of us on the first 200 mailing list?

Being a good samaritan, I asked on the Devialet website online chat pasted below.  It appears the 'advantageous conditions' aspect was probably lost in translation....

Quote:You — Please update your info
Hi, I signed up for the advance email with 'advantageous conditions' for Expert upgrades. Yet the prices in the email are the same as online.  What were the advantageous conditions?

Customer care team joined the chat
Customer care team
The advantageous conditions are explained in this website: http://en.devialet.com/expertpro#discover

They are mainly technical evolutions

(26-Jul-2016, 16:24)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Anyone know how they managed to squeeze an extra 20W out of the 200 - in the cheaper case with limited heat-sinking - but nothing extra for the 250 with its circa £8,000 case and new solid copper base?

The D250 and the D250Pro are both limited by the maximum voltage the Amp can deliver (slightly below 40 Volt per channel - if bridged it can deliver nearly 80 Volt)
=> 40 V are leading to about 266 W in 6 Ohm
=> 80 V are leading to about 1066 W in 6 Ohm
These values are the same for the D200 and the D220PRO but they are artificially limited to about 35 V for the D200 and about 36.5 V for the D220 to take into account their limited heat sinks.

The heat sinks of a D250 is limiting by about 800 W; the D250Pro is now optimized to handle up to 1000 W
Onkyo Integra DV-SP1000 / Slim Devices Transporter -> D440pro -> Elac FS607 X-Jet
Gold Phantoms (Stereo)

G E R M A N Y

Bang on, Zappydev (reputation given).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(26-Jul-2016, 16:29)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(25-Jul-2016, 20:40)Soniclife Wrote: Anyone know anything about the promised 'advantageous conditions' for those of us on the first 200 mailing list?

Being a good samaritan, I asked on the Devialet website online chat pasted below.  It appears the 'advantageous conditions' aspect was probably lost in translation....

If true that may make a claim to the most empty promise from Devialet, and the most pointless mailing list ever.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution