Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016
Hahaha totally recognizable. Having a background in electronics couldn't explain a number of improvements myself either. I was at a time a total cable non believer but once demonstrated an el-cheapo cable vs a audiophile grade couldn't deny it anymore myself. Changed all cables. The digital interlink made the biggest difference much to my surprise. Also changed the power plugs by Rhodium ones... another difference...

Only explanation I have for the digital interlink difference is the jitter story. Since no protocol is used that check for proper reception of packages small error may be introduced.

But..... If the TCP protocol is used it is assured that all network packages are received correctly. Put them in a buffer in the receiving device and once full enough stream and play them. So with that reasoning I though bit perfect is bit perfect....

But people also report that changing the network cable also makes a difference in sound...There goes my TCP reasoning....

Just have to try it I'm afraid if Devialet indeed offers the hardware upgrade and internal streaming choice
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - by iamwappie - 15-May-2016, 13:36