Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016
(01-Jun-2016, 00:07)Music or sound Wrote: I was reading: http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/0...ty-varies/ and it states that audio USB (isosynchronous) has no error correction. So a builtin server/renderer would make all USB problems and the ways of ameliorating these (expensive cables, filters, reclockers) less relevant if the transmission allows for error correction and internal clocking. I listened at the recent High End to the Totaldac d1 integral-headphone a DAC with builtin server and was quite impressed.
I guess the sonic benefit will depend on how that server will be implemented. I am still not convinced that upgrading my D-premier to D250 was a money well spent so I will be hesitant with any further upgrade!

MoS

Sorry to go a wee bit of subject, but I have a pair of D-Premiers and haven't bothered with the D250 upgrade (twice the cost). Now if there was a new beaut Hardware upgrade to come out that I could then do with my D-Premiers then that would be something to look at, but would expect at least increased power board, new DAC and inclusion of streamer to be a minimum to tempt me to do the upgrade.

At present I'm really happy with my D-Premiers, and not really sure what a pair of D250's would add to the SQ (for the bang for buck).
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - by Celts88 - 01-Jun-2016, 15:33