Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016
Unique is an overused term, but I think Devialet is unique in the hifi industry in terms of its plus and minus points.

Forums do attract obsessives and I suggest DevialetChat is no exception, but my sense is that the level of dissatisfaction here is increasing quite a bit - with failures to address long standing issues like customer communication and AIR Mac and AIR Windows (and much more) being compounded by more recent things like the mysterious dealer conference and the leaks and the seeming "successor" to the 5 month old "best thing since sliced bread" Od'A.

The perverse thing is that most of this is easily addressed (and even the AIR problem seems addressed for some of us through AIR3 Mac)! Why create such dissatisfaction when the solutions are not particularly difficult?

I've used this example before but can you imagine a premium car brand allowing its business to head in this direction? And it is often the case that premium brands do attract a disproportionate share of obsessives and have to respond to those issues.

I suspect addressing this needs combined dealer activity rather than complaints from customers which, to a large degree, have not worked over the last two or three years.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - by IanG-UK - 01-Jun-2016, 18:39