Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016
EVOThe permanent upgrade
Devialet Expert systems are designed to perpetually remain state-of-the-art. 
The EVO platform, the electronic architecture of Devialet Expert systems, is fully driven by upgradeable software. As such, your Devialet undergoes constant improvement via free, regular updates, for ever improved features and performance.

The original "EVO promise" above, copy-pasted from the Devialet website, has become more of a planned obsolesence strategy in 2013 to me, to generate revenue. Original D-Premier owners were anything but amused when the 110/170 were introduced, basically identical to the D-Premier but at much lower prices. Differences were mostly artificial/cosmetical. Market values of the D-Premier plummeted and little has been really gained for those that upgraded to 250 specs and paid €3.5k/device for it.

Let's just say I hope Devialet has learned from this for the sake of the owners of the current generation of hardware and especially the expensive OdA and release a hardware upgrade not merely evolutionary with minor incremental changes, using marketing that hails it as revolutionary and "state of the art" and charging >3000 euro per device again.

Consider me extremely sceptical in all this. Devialet in their imaginary ivory tower, doesn't seem intent to learn anything from their vocal customers. Dealers, in general, lack the technical understanding or don't care as long as they they sell. Those that are critical may even fear losing their dealership or not being invited to fancy events like the one recently in Versailles.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - by Antoine - 02-Jun-2016, 08:35