Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016
With all due respect, you may be mixing up 3 things of different nature:
1. The free delivery of software updates and new capabilities,
2. The paid hardware updates,
3. The expansion of the Devialet range of products downards.

It is true that the pace at which Devialet moves results in cheaper amplifiers performing better and better, just like cheaper cameras perfrom better and better, cheaper TVs perform better and better,...

This doesn't remove anything from the capabilities of the amp you own that did, on the contrary, also improve thanks to software upgrades.

If you see you amp as an investement and re-sell value is important for you more than the increase of absolute sound quality/capabilities, then you are probably better off "investing" into a class A or tube amp weighting 150kg. Wink

Personally I couldn't care less about re-sell value, because I am very happy about the way my D250 drives my Wilson Benesch speakers, to me it sounds better than pretty much anything else I have heard elsewhere (and sometimes much pricier set ups), is super easy to use with Audirvana on iPad and just works day in day out through USB while not occupying too much space in my living room in Tokyo.

I knew what I was going to get and I keep enjoying the value delivered.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - by bernardl - 02-Jun-2016, 09:24