Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016
The only thing I am really disappointed ist the communication and marketing strategy. Using a vocal customer base e.g. represented by this forum to openly discuss customer needs would be of high value and would boost customer loyalty. I am pretty sure the Devialet is closely monitoring this forum. (What does the log files say?)
An apple like secret big bang strategy is something which I consider wrong for this kind of gear. (Might be the right thing for phantom customers)

I am still really happy with my D800 setup and I haven´t found better SQ for the money spent. Knowing the lifecycle dynamic of digital equipment, I never expectet them to keep the resale value of traditional high analog end equipment.

But wait, a 21k € pair of bryston amps looses 50% of it value after 3 years (and than it stays stable for another 10 years). I paid 15k for my d800 2 years ago and most probably I could sell it for 12K. (but it will loose 90% of it´s value over the next 10 years)
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos

Messages In This Thread
RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - by Mka - 02-Jun-2016, 12:16