Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016
Guys, I'm already regretting my posts since I nowadays no longer enjoy these discussions. They're not helping me enjoy this hobby or going forward.

But to conclude; my main point in my last post was that the upgrades issued thus far by Devialet -to me- are of little value and quality. The initial release of the D-Premier was great but anything that followed -again to me- has proven to be of little value. This including the hardware upgrades which in the end and -again to me- have proven to have a low value for money.

I guess it's all subjective, the value being determined by what you're seeing being released and implemented elsewhere. Perhaps my wishes and expectations exceed those of others and so for now I can't conclude anything different than that Devialet should no longer be the brand I should/want to invest in. I feel like the product, not the customer and to be frank a cash cow needed to pay back investors with this seemingly adopted planned absolescene policy. And EVO (which has always existed but perhaps was only later named this way when they hired that guy who made up all those idiotic three letter acronyms) of course is mainly software driven and 'free' but hardware upgrades in some cases are required to support these new EVO functionality.

Anyway I'm done, I'm taking a break from this forum and anything else Devialet related for while.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - by Antoine - 02-Jun-2016, 12:25