Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016
If I look at the D-Premier vs the D250, the only significant benefit I see for the D250 is SAM. OK, there are other differences I know, but nothing that would have been worth the cost upgrading. And if you don't like, want or need SAM? Then yes, the last upgrade would have been a waste of money. However, you can't really extrapolate this kind of thinking to evaluate what is coming from Devialet. There are no details, pricing, specifications, nothing. It is not even clear if anything is coming or when, just rumours at the moment.

The point being, it is not worth too much time worrying about this stuff, sit back, wait, it will all become clear in time (soon?), then we can judge.

One thing is for sure, any decisions I make will be based on careful auditions of what is available at the time of purchase. I will not be taking much notice of Devialet's marketing hype or promises. For a while I have been of the view that Devialet are superb with hardware, poor with software, and atrocious with communication. So if there is any new hardware coming, it will need to speak for itself.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - by Confused - 02-Jun-2016, 13:16