Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016
(02-Jun-2016, 17:22)Xander Wrote: I do not get all the complaints. I bought my 400 on how it is and not because of future upgrades who will or not be free or implemented.

I'm sorry for the people who had never got AIR working as advertised but if it happened to me I would bring it back to the dealer... Even after months.

A lot of the unhappiness stems from the fact that Devialet keep shouting about what fantastic new products they have whilst completely ignoring the early adopters. I bought my D400 for the specific application of HiRes streaming using AIR, but it was a year before I was ready to implement that. In the meantime, I used other sources, and was happy. Now, my excellent dealer is not even a Devialet dealer any more, thanks to Devialet's change in corporate policy as they focus on a different target market. He dealt with them in good faith, and I can't hold him responsible for their failures. Anyway, I don't want to change the hardware - I just want it to do what was promised on Day 1. AIR3b fixes most of that, but doesn't seem to get on too well with DLRCS, so I'm almost back at square one again. I agree with you that any future enhancements are a bonus, but so far, nothing that they have developed has improved my SQ in any way (not even SAM, which I have removed) and yet the system still does not do correctly what it was supposed to do at the outset.

A bit of humility and willingness from Devialet to engage with the user base would go a long long way to improving the ambience on this generally excellent, friendly and informative forum.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - by Zappydev - 02-Jun-2016, 18:41