Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations
(18-May-2016, 19:27)Rufus McDufus Wrote: AIR 3 is a tiny bit better than my Melco N1A, which so far has been the best I've heard in my system. This annoys me slightly but then I'm currently using the Melco in between my Devialet and rest of LAN and using AIR 3 on my MacBook on the LAN and it's sounding pretty darn good.

If only we could get AIR onto streamers like Melco. I wish Devialet could release the source code for AIR so streamer makers could port it to their own devices.  Yes it's proprietary code, but I don't see what Devialet have to lose by opening it up.

I can only imagine, as of a few weeks ago anyway, few manufacturers would have wanted AIR on their hardware. Streaming errors and odd noises don't do them any favours..... But if they've nailed it now (and I'm not 100% sure they have yet) then why not.

Having followed Roons RoonReady program, it seems like it's a hell of a lot of work to get it done right so would need a decent commitment from Devialet and the manufacturers and I'm not sure how big the Devialet user base is?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations - by Confused - 17-May-2016, 12:58
RE: AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations - by Hifi_swlon - 18-May-2016, 22:39
RE: AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations - by Wdw - 26-May-2016, 17:02
AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations - by NickB - 26-May-2016, 20:25