Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations
(18-May-2016, 11:06)GuillaumeB Wrote: I must say I am looking forward to hearing from all the others with Melcos, Aurenders and the like.  Tongue

Guillaume
I have an Aurender N100H which is connected with an Audioquest USB Diamond cable to my Devialet 250. I love the sound of my  Aurender. More analogue less digital. A big step further if I compare to Air 2. In the last few days, I listened Air 3 on my Mac mini with Audirvana and Roon. My mini is connected to an ethernet switch. My Devialet is also connected to the same ethernet switch. Both have an Audioquest Cinnamon ethernet cable. How can I say, despite I encountered the same problem with Air 2 after a few days (stutter music with hi-res files and steaming music like Tidal), I founded more air between musicians and a better soundstage with Air 3. Nevertheless, it lacked the midrange and the bass of my Aurender. So, what to choose between a more hifi listening (Air 3) or more analogue sound (Aurender)? It's like to choose between Linn or Naim. What do you prefer?
Devialet 800. Dynaudio Focus 340. Transparent MusicWave Super speaker cable. Rega P3 turntable. Naim NAT05 XS with Flatcap XS.

Messages In This Thread
AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations - by Confused - 17-May-2016, 12:58
RE: AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations - by Beajuju - 22-May-2016, 21:46
RE: AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations - by Wdw - 26-May-2016, 17:02
AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations - by NickB - 26-May-2016, 20:25