Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations
(27-May-2016, 12:12)f1eng Wrote:
(27-May-2016, 09:43)PhilP Wrote: Just installed BitPerfect 3.0.4  It initially appeared to be working correctly switching sample rates and playback SQ was good but then the s/w got stuck in a sort of loop playing a few seconds of music and then going back and playing the same piece again.

When I download s/w from the app store then I expect it to work correctly with the default settings. I understand there is a work-around to avoid the looping but others have said this does not work. I quite frankly don't want to waste time trying it out.

My advice - don't touch this s/w until others have debugged it.

I hope the uninstall works cleanly Sad

I wonder if trying to include a bit perfect solution for iTunes is one of the shortcomings in Air 2 then?

Well, Air 2/iTunes has always worked perfectly for me but I stayed on OS X 10.6.8 to make sure I avoided the problems that others had.  Sample rate switching worked perfectly with the bit perfect option ticked in AIR.

My guess is that the (sometimes almost arbitrary and unpredictable?) changes that Apple has made to OS X e.g. stopping support for integer mode and then reinstating it again after a couple of years have caused a lot of problems for companies that developed their software based on a certain architecture only to find that its been changed significantly with little/no notice.  Audirvana, BitPerfect, Devialet and many others seem to have suffered in this way.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations - by Confused - 17-May-2016, 12:58
RE: AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations - by Wdw - 26-May-2016, 17:02
AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations - by NickB - 26-May-2016, 20:25
RE: AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations - by PhilP - 27-May-2016, 18:58