Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Problems with Air 3
(28-May-2016, 11:11)ozthepoz Wrote:
(28-May-2016, 08:55)ozthepoz Wrote:
(27-May-2016, 05:18)baddog Wrote: Tell us more about your system. It has been rock solid for me, with only an occasionally less then one second drop out in sound every third of fourth day.

My system is Mac Mini, Late 2012 model with 16GB RAM, SSD boot drive, i7 quad core processor, El Capitan, running headless. Music either on NAS, or on an SD card (64GB) and USB stick (128GB) plugged into the Mac Mini.

Mac Mini connected via ethernet, D400 connected via ethernet. Running RoonServer on Mac Mini.

Have you made sure to use something like CCleaner to remove all traces of earlier versions of AIR ( i.e. 2.1.3) on the system when using 3 Beta?
Hi baddog

I'm using a new macbook with the latest version of OSX. Music is stored on a synology, plugged into an airport extreme. The extreme is ethernet linked into my 250. 

As I mentioned 2.1.3 worked perfectly for me, but I do think there may be something in the earlier versions of Air getting in the way. I'll try that and see how I get on.
Tried a couple of re-installs etc but still Air 3 crashes after 2-3 minutes. Will log it with Devialet but would be interested to know if anyone else is having this particular problem.

Very odd is the Macbook running WIFI or ethernet for AIR3?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(30-May-2016, 03:09)baddog Wrote:
(28-May-2016, 11:11)ozthepoz Wrote:
(28-May-2016, 08:55)ozthepoz Wrote: Hi baddog

I'm using a new macbook with the latest version of OSX. Music is stored on a synology, plugged into an airport extreme. The extreme is ethernet linked into my 250. 

As I mentioned 2.1.3 worked perfectly for me, but I do think there may be something in the earlier versions of Air getting in the way. I'll try that and see how I get on.
Tried a couple of re-installs etc but still Air 3 crashes after 2-3 minutes. Will log it with Devialet but would be interested to know if anyone else is having this particular problem.

Very odd is the Macbook running WIFI or ethernet for AIR3?
Both, but I tend to use ethernet as a default.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
If you run CCleaner you can also see what your system has for STARTUP items. I removed everything in there except for RoonServer and AIR3.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Ahhhh! My amp arrived today, so quicly hooked it up and tried air3!!! Same problem , few sec then crashed!!!! I m using usb otherwise till more time to figure out! By the time burning the new snakes !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-Jun-2016, 18:12)samsoum Wrote: Ahhhh! My amp arrived today, so quicly hooked it up and tried air3!!! Same problem , few sec then crashed!!!! I m using usb otherwise till more time to figure out! By the time burning the new snakes !

Im running MacBook Pro El Capitan > AIR 3 with no problems whatsoever. If you post more details of your system/problems than I will help if I can Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(01-Jun-2016, 18:57)PhilP Wrote:
(01-Jun-2016, 18:12)samsoum Wrote: Ahhhh! My amp arrived today, so quicly hooked it up and tried air3!!! Same problem , few sec then crashed!!!! I m using usb otherwise till more time to figure out! By the time burning the new snakes !

Im running MacBook Pro El Capitan > AIR 3 with no problems whatsoever. If you post more details of your system/problems than I will help if I can Smile
i appreciate your help mate,my system consist of macbook pro el capitan 10.11.4 ram 8gb ddr3 processor 2.5 core i5 (mid 2012 model),running roon .music is on macbook and nas wd connected to main router.dev200 is connected wiressly and ethernet. I finally uninstalled Air 3beta after 3 times crash,now installed again air 2.1.3 and having same problems,i m so annoyed!!!!
(01-Jun-2016, 20:03)samsoum Wrote:
(01-Jun-2016, 18:57)PhilP Wrote:

i appreciate your help mate,my system consist of macbook pro el capitan 10.11.4 ram 8gb ddr3 processor 2.5 core i5 (mid 2012 model),running roon .music is on macbook and nas wd connected to main router.dev200 is connected wiressly and ethernet. I finally uninstalled Air 3 after 3 times crash,now installed again air 2.1.3 and having same problems,i m so annoyed!!!!

No obvious problems with your MacBook spec...

Have you tried running without Roon? I'm not suggesting that you should stop using it permanently - I'm just wondering whether AIR 3 will work OK when Roon is disabled.

EDIT: for Roon - have you tried the settings recommended in this thread?

http://devialetchat.com/announcements.php?aid=7
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(01-Jun-2016, 20:44)PhilP Wrote:
(01-Jun-2016, 20:03)samsoum Wrote:
(01-Jun-2016, 18:57)PhilP Wrote: Im running MacBook Pro El Capitan > AIR 3 with no problems whatsoever. If you post more details of your system/problems than I will help if I can Smile

No obvious problems with your MacBook spec...

Have you tried running without Roon? I'm not suggesting that you should stop using it permanently - I'm just wondering whether AIR 3 will work OK when Roon is disabled.

EDIT: for Roon - have you tried the settings recommended in this thread?

http://devialetchat.com/announcements.php?aid=7
I would also suggest try iTunes + AIR3 > just enough to try and check if its stable. Then try back Roon. This exactly how it worked for me + the settings above on Roon.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Thks guys for the help, i ve tried AIR 3 again! Firstable i tried itunes as advised and worked fine, then i ve tried jriver 19 with my usual settings,and with the same recommended settings for roon, then roon with the recommended settings and all crashed!! Some after one track others after 45ss!! Sound quality i was choked how good it was! Openness in every aspects highs , mids, specially bass!
I just checked 2 tracks with i tunes and worked fine but sound wise comparing specially to jriver it s night and day! Anything else i can try??? Thks again

(02-Jun-2016, 14:48)samsoum Wrote: Thks guys for the help, i ve tried AIR 3 again! Firstable i tried itunes as advised and worked fine, then i ve tried jriver 19 with my usual settings,and with the same recommended  settings for roon, then roon with the recommended settings and all crashed!! Some after one track others after 45ss!! Sound quality i was choked how good it was! Openness in every aspects highs , mids, specially bass!
I just checked 2 tracks with i tunes and worked fine but sound wise comparing specially to jriver it s night and day! Anything else i can try??? Thks again

I use Audirvana +, I need to turn off direct mode. Its been playing all day on Air 3 - sounds great and rock solid
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus