Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using iFi USB cables & their products ?
Better buy this if you're interested in the Regen and improving the quality of your USB input: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3053

The Intona is way more effective than the Regen although it too gives a nice improvement. Both Regen and Intona are more effective than any USB cable out there although the cable surely matters as well. I've had very good results using the TotalDAC D1 and Curious USB though I nowadays personally prefer the latter. This is a subjective thing though. Both are hard to beat at their price level though there could be/probably are better ones out there.

You can take the tuning with/of USB very far using special USB cards, linear power supplies, special software and operating systems etc. Easier today with guaranteed results may just be using a Sonore microRendu. I've even found out that the USB input of the Devialet can also hugely be improved upon by using a USB -> AES/EBU or S/PDIF converter like the Mutec MC-3+ USB. This way you circumvent the USB input of the Devialet and use it's AES/EBU input. Together with the microRendu it's the best sound I've ever heard in my system. The microRendu is already being compared (and found better) to expensive streamers like any model of Aurender including the W20.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone using iFi USB cables & their products ? - by Antoine - 03-Jun-2016, 14:38