Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 1000 Pro
I note this:

'Future Ready

Thanks to its unique architecture, the 1000 Pro is capable of integrating hardware and software improvements that will be introduced by the Devialet engineers in the future.

Among other major evolutions: the integration of a Devialet OS, support for UPnP/DLNA and many future-forward uses of dematerialized music.'

This is a huge relief for me, I have been worried for years about what I should do with my dematerialised music, now all is fine. Although I'm sure that some folk will be concerned about the UPnP/DLNA statement.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(23-Jun-2016, 11:50)Pim van Vliet Wrote: BTW, where did you find it Nic?

Devialet had a placeholder on their website for the 1000 but no content (or it was probably uploaded prematurely and pulled). Googled and plucked the info from the cache.
(23-Jun-2016, 12:18)gray Wrote:
(23-Jun-2016, 12:05)Antoine Wrote: Big Grin  The Google webcache still works: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...clnk&gl=nl

Insides of the 1000:
Hooray. 
That looks more like a proper iec inlet than a PEM.

Definitely a different design, it's also different to the PEM included in the O'dA, I notice.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(23-Jun-2016, 12:39)Confused Wrote: I note this:

'Future Ready

Thanks to its unique architecture, the 1000 Pro is capable of integrating hardware and software improvements that will be introduced by the Devialet engineers in the future.

Among other major evolutions: the integration of a Devialet OS, support for UPnP/DLNA and many future-forward uses of dematerialized music.'

This is a huge relief for me, I have been worried for years about what I should do with my dematerialised music, now all is fine.  Although I'm sure that some folk will be concerned about the UPnP/DLNA statement.

I suggest everyone start hitting all Devialet support methods asking if UPNP/DLNA gapless is going to work.  If the speed and turn around of AIR is any indication, they might get gapless working properly sometime after 2020.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

New ADH Intelligence
Each element of the ADH core have been carefully rethought in order to design the new version of the ADH Intelligence which provides significant performances improvements at all power levels.
New class a
The design of the Class A has been simplified : the signal crosses two silicon junctions less for reducing the THD. In addition, zero current goes through the Class A in standby mode for reducing the power consumption of the system.
New class d
Enhanced with the new Class D introduced exclusively on the Original d’Atelier, the 1000 Pro is capable of transmitting more power, without any size variation.
New magic wire
The pure performance in digital – analog conversion sets a new world record with a THD improved by more than 6dB (THD
New power supply
In addition to improving the local decoupling from the mains network, load transients are handled 2x faster and their restituion on all frequencies reaches new heights for the ultimate listening experience
New thermal management
The 1000 Pro drains thermal calories off 2x faster thanks to a surface of heat exchanges multiplied by a 2.5 factor and a new 2.5kg bottom plate made of 100% pure copper
220 Expert Pro - MagicoA3 - Linn Streaming - Linn LP12 Vinyl - DS-Audio 003 - PS Audio PP12 - Uptone EtherRegen - AfterDark Clock - Acourate room correction via Roon - Qobuz
Germany - Hamburg
(23-Jun-2016, 12:18)gray Wrote:
(23-Jun-2016, 12:05)Antoine Wrote: Big Grin  The Google webcache still works: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...clnk&gl=nl

Insides of the 1000:
Hooray. 
That looks more like a proper iec inlet than a PEM.

Looks like the filter is built on a circuitboard rather than a PEM.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(23-Jun-2016, 11:16)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(23-Jun-2016, 10:53)nicoludio Wrote: and a new 2.5kg bottom plate made of 100% pure copper.

That's very interesting! According to Devialet's press release for the O d'A the bottom plate of the O d'A is copper coated...

Guillaume

Looking at some O d'A pictures on the 'net, it looks like a solid copper base to me.  Plus, using logic (this does not always work with Devialet) and considering the engineering design, thermal conductivity etc, I am as sure as I could be that the base would be solid copper, or a copper alloy at least, not plated.  I'm guessing this is a subtlety of the translation from French?
(23-Jun-2016, 19:27)listener Wrote: The website states 2,5kg pure copper - just look at the last lines of my further post or at the internet link.

Indeed "a new 2.5kg bottom plate made of 100% pure copper"

All the O d'A stuff refers to copper plated. 

2.5kg seems like a pretty thick plate to me.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(23-Jun-2016, 19:30)GuillaumeB Wrote: 2.5kg seems like a pretty thick plate to me.

Guillaume

The density of copper is 9g/cm cubed so if the copper plate covered the whole of the Expert (top) surface (40cm x 40cm) it would be 1/6th of a centimeter thick. The base is, I guess, 30cm x 36cm so that makes it 1/4 cm thick or 1/10th inch thick.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(23-Jun-2016, 20:02)IanG-UK Wrote:
(23-Jun-2016, 19:30)GuillaumeB Wrote: 2.5kg seems like a pretty thick plate to me.

Guillaume

The density of copper is 9g/cm cubed so if the copper plate covered the whole of the Expert (top) surface (40cm x 40cm) it would be 1/6th of a centimeter thick. The base is, I guess, 30cm x 36cm so that makes it 1/4 cm thick or 1/10th inch thick.

Ha!  You beat me to it.  I have just performed a quick calculation, I came up with 2.1mm, so we're in the same ball park.