Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
(01-Jul-2016, 17:20)Rufus McDufus Wrote:
(01-Jul-2016, 17:09)Music or sound Wrote: I am thinking that AIR is not only a software problem but also a hardware problem i.e. the WiFi card.

I agree. I can plug a £15 wifi dongle with barely any antenna in the back of my Devialet and it performs as well as ethernet when the access point it's connected to is situated within a reasonable distance - i.e. in the same room.  The Devialet wifi card however performs very poorly unless the access point is virtually on top of it or below.
The stutters/white noise even when the connection is good (i.e. using ethernet) is a different problem and Devialet have acknowledged it's a software issue on several occasions.

But, to be clear... The problems with AIR are not just with wifi... Stability is still an issue with AIR (at least for me) when using Ethernet throughout.   It's just worse with wifi.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - by mdconnelly - 01-Jul-2016, 21:45