Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
Quote:Antoine,
The most refreshing aspect of this site is the kindness and civility.  You have, twice, made personal comments in response to my posts that were, to me, insulting.  
We have to get a grip on this issue.  Air3 beta is happily, in my case, working flawlessly.  If you read the emerging topics on Computer Audiophile it is generally agreed the state of the art conversations is with, rightfully, ethernet audio delivery to the DAC.  
In this case, with all the attendant faults, Devialet is in the foreground.  I seriously question why anyone is trying wifi to deliver this stuff....I live in the West Coast of Canada....was one of the first to have DSL and then, over the years, started to see the wifi pollution...ever neighbour with hot spot and the wifi providers giving more powerful radios to their client each having no idea why....I cannot expect wifi to deliver 24/96 et.al
if you guys want to burn the church down, go ahead but don't ever chastise someone for not wanting to.
Warren

If you choose to take any of this personally then that's your choice. I've apologized to you and someone else in one case once, the other person accepted that apology. You apparently did not. Fine, but perhaps it's better if you put me on your ignore list to avoid being insulted. I tend to be direct in some of the more 'passionate' discussions.

AIR is one of the primary reasons I bought my D-Premier in 2012 so I agree about it being a great idea/feature, at least on paper. It's execution is mediocre though. You really can't compare AIR to the AES67, Dante or Ravenna implementations which are being discussed at CA. The latter are much more advanced and initially targetted at a pro crowd so they must be reliable. I really can't imagine the Foo Fighters, or anyone else playing in front of thousands of people, to use AIR. Wink  https://us.focusrite.com/news/focusrite-...-rock-tour Devialet themselves don't even use it anymore in demo's.

People have had issues with AIR since the beginning and little has happened to address these issues. People still have issues with it and the way Devialet has handled and still handles these issues. Devialet has denied the issues for a long time, only just recently things seem to be moving again a bit.

It's been told so many times already: It's -not- just about WiFi, the base issues are the same for ethernet. AIR is the same protocol for WiFi and ethernet. The name is confusing but AIR initially, or better said, the D-Premier was WiFi only.

No one wants to 'burn the church down'. I haven't got a clue who you would think that or why you would think that would happen. I'm sure Devialet is professional enough to acknowledge this needs fixing. This petition (that I did not start but do support) might help them adjusting their priorities, nothing more, nothing less. Just read the text of the petition again (and the many written comments already below it) to see why this petition was created and why it/its cause needs to be taken seriously.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/devialet
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - by Antoine - 03-Jul-2016, 10:31