Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
(08-Jul-2016, 13:57)Dr Tone Wrote:
(08-Jul-2016, 13:31)f1eng Wrote: I am not signing since I don't have a problem with AIR, although I bought my first before AIR was available so had no expectations.
I think if the problem was as bad and un-fixable oneself as some think the petition would have had plenty of signatures by now.
The biggest limitation as I saw it was always going to be the antenna location in the amp. This is a major inflexibility. I had to move my wireless access point in my listening room to get a good signal, which was a pain but no problems since. Anybody not prepared to do this would never get a working system.

Anyway, with all due respect, anybody thinking Devialet are doing nothing about it and that this petition will help is a poor judge of human nature IME.

Air white noise issues on windows has absolutely nothing to do with wifi.  So telling people to fix their wifi is nonsense.

Devialet have indicated in no certain words that fixing it hasn't been a priority for them and that is what we have an issue with.  I doubt it's a priority still.

If you don't care that your expensive amp doesn't function properly in certain situation and you don't care that other owners have issues using their amp as it's advertised, I guess that's your prerogative.

I have been a Devialet owner since before AIR existed, so was not aware that it is a particularly important part of their advertising. I gave away my Windows computer when I retired, having only used it for work.
I have used AIR since I fitted the original plug in boards to my two D-Premiers.
There were bugs in V1 and more in V2 but both work fine here, whether it is network or anything else.

My expensive amplifier works very well for everything, thank you. I play CDs, LPs, stream a bit and FM radio, just like my previous amp, which was bigger, heavier and much more expensive. There had been no updates on it during the 20 years or so I used it whereas Devialet have provided several.

I don't think every Devialet customer is dissatisfied. At least this one is not.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - by f1eng - 08-Jul-2016, 15:02