Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
In my slightly sleep deprived, early buggy stroll and coffee this morning, I was pondering some of the comments by the odd owner here and on other forums.  It seems some Expert users feel very strongly that they won't sign the petition a) because they haven't been affected personally and b) because they feel its something that affects so few people as to not be a real problem (bloody moaners), and even then it was probably their own fault for not setting their wifi up properly like they did to make theirs work.

Not content with not signing, they actively try and undermine the petition and those who have suffered.

What selfish b*****ds I thought!

No wonder it's so hard to change the world.

The irony being if their Devialet developed a fault (as an example), and remained broken for two years, prompting them to start a petition after all else had failed, I'd still sign theirs even though it didn't affect me personally or even if I didnt agree with it, or even if I disliked them. Why? Because if just one person was suffering unfairly I would feel compelled to help and try and back them up in being heard. I actually thought that community sprit was a lot stronger in the Devialet world, but this petition has really shown that not to be the case IMO.

As for the numbers it's a shame it's been slow to reach even the 100 mark, but I don't feel that's any vindication of it being a small problem. It certainly affects well more than 100 people. I can only imagine most people have moved on, or see it as another pointless exercise since Devialet do what they do regardless, or perhaps a lot of Mac users now see the light with the new beta? Of course, who knows what percentage of Expert users even follow forums. I've no idea how many Experts have been sold. If Devialetchat represents the best data for ownership, then it could be said from the 'what model do you own' poll that there are only 140 Expert owners interested in online forums enough to take part in a poll. Assuming a petition was along similar lines as a poll, 100 users out of 140 is a big percentage. The point is numbers can be spun any way you like.

In any event the good that's come of it IMO is a lot more people are becoming aware of how Devialet treat some of their customers, and how poor some of their software is. I've already seen posts by people surprised at Devialet, and deciding to hold off buying, and I've seen posts where it's been pointed out that while the petition itself may not achieve its goal, it will almost certainly have an affect on the brands reputation and/or sales.

Is it still pointless? In some ways probably. But lots of little things add up to making a difference and things take time. I'd urge people not to give up, keep the threads alive on other websites, and try and get the numbers up. If nothing else it keeps the issue public for longer and at the least may save someone else from making a bad purchase.

For those who haven't signed, and are happily listening to their fully working setup while laughing at the little guys trying in vein to get Devialet to do something - it must feel great to be you!  Well done for being so amazing!  Big Grin

PS it's probably time to up the target to a few hundred now.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - by Hifi_swlon - 10-Jul-2016, 10:36