Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
Just signed and hit 100 - For me it's less about Air, which with Air 3 on Mac works pretty much (but not entirely) perfectly, but more about engagement with the user community.  There are two major components to my listening experience - my stunning Devialet 200, which is the best amp I've owned by a fair distance, and the Roon front end to curate and control my listening.  The contrast in engagement between the two organisations is striking.  The Roon guys & girls actively engage with the user community to both support the users on a day to day basis, and help prioritise Roon's efforts in developing a product which is the best it can possibly be for the people using it.  Devialet take an "Apple like" approach, being tight lipped on the technology itself & roadmap (which is somewhat understandable) but make zero effort to acknowledge the priorities and concerns of their users.  The big difference between Apple and Devialet is the user base.  Apple sell a lot of iPhones.  Higher end hifi is a niche product for a particularly obsessive and "unusual" community of those of us lucky enough to have the disposable income to indulge ourselves.  However, get it right for us, you get it right for the masses, and have more of a chance to get your product in many, many more homes.  So, please talk to us, we're easy to find.....
Devialet 200, MacMini, Roon control via iPad, B&W CM10 S2 Speakers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - by Vincent - 10-Jul-2016, 21:35