Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
There was an interesting point posted by @davidsrsb over on the pink fish thread.

Quote:The symptoms described sound like the sort of thing that happens with buggy hardware. Many of these complex SOC ICs have a worrying errata, if you can squeeze it out of the manufacturer.
It is quite possible that there is no easy software fix and they are trying to avoid a product recall. It happens with smartphones, but customers are more tolerant of issues with them than at Devialet prices

I wonder if this is the most likley true reason why it's not reliable for everyone, and the software updates are just workarounds to various degrees to try and avoid a recall.  Seems likely to me.  
The old 'undocumented Windows bug' thing trotted out at the Oxford event made me laugh once again - do they think no one in this world has any connection with software development and so thinks this is a believable excuse? I mean, sure, there are such things - probably lots of them - but you work around them in days/weeks or maybe a couple of months in extreme cases. Two years across several OS releases? Similar undocumented bugs likely in Win and OSX. No. Not really. All modern software has bugs - it's complicated stuff that's constantly evolving. The software I work with has loads. As a professional you work around them.

And it's still not fixed and now potentially a year away from a hardware streamer board update which will only be free to people crazy enough to buy a 1000 Pro - ie a paid upgrade.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - by Hifi_swlon - 14-Jul-2016, 11:24