Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
PHi Guys,

Thanks for all the support. My personal thoughts : the petition is a guarantee to make sure Devialet will deliver AIR3 in a way that Q&A is sure it works.

1. Management cannot publicly recognize the problems because it would mean they knew they were knowingly cheating customers and that is something you can get away with in the EU but not in the USA.

2. The moment AIR3 is ready, they'll ask what all the fuss was about. They'll have lots of satisfied customers so that is proof there was no problem. They conveniently will overlook the fact that a lot of people bought additional equipment they never intended to buy.  I did the same of course, but that doesn't absolve them from taking responsibility. This might be a good time to say that all this started long before anything was published on the new series or a new AIR version for PC.

3. next steps : I'll publish the French version early August. I still hope Devialet will reach out and do the decent thing.  If that doesn't help, I'll have and excuse to go and visit Paris and Maison Devialet Smile

4. A friend of mine tweeted Devialet to ask about what was going on. He is seriously considering two high-ends but lacks the courage to commit to an uncertain platform. He was told that we were disgruntled customers who received a decent explanation and were offered beta3 software. This couldn't be further from the truth.  I'm seriously considering publishing the full support thread. Underneath you'll find my initial questions. Frustrated : yes, but impolite, threatening, disgruntled?  Let's just say that I never received an answer on any of the three questions.  If someone is,interested in the support numbers : 30694 for the first one, 40818 for the second one with the last warning that I would publish online.   My first request about white noise had 3570. I think a was an early adopter.

Could you please take your time to answer my questions seriously? While you have probably hunderds requests a day, I have but one config that costed a lot of money.

1. Remote control:when we bought our Expert, we informed the dealer clearly that the Expert would be in a different room than the speakers. We were told that this was no problem as Devialet provided an App and custom installer options that mimic the functionality of the Expert Remote. This was true when we bought our expert, but since then neither the app nor the custom installer options have been upgraded. Functionality that requires the remote is simply not usable for us. 
Could you please tell me when the app and/or the custom installer options will be updated ?

2. AIR: the AIR driver was a major selling point for us because it eliminated the limitations of cabling between PC and Devialet. 
As it is, it has never worked a day in live environment. We never received an answer on the easy question for a hardware config that would work without issues. We were and are stil preparered to buy a dedicated PC if the AIR integration works flawlessly. We were one of the few people who payed for the AIR license, and I cannot help but feel that was a ripoff. So could you please tell us what hardware and software config guarantees AIR-functionality ? Could you also tell us when a version for Windows 10 will be available ?

3. While issue one is a but difficult we think it is fair to expect that Devialet provides functional upgrades for all the components of a solution during the period of the legal guarantee. I We are one of the few people who even paid for the Air-functionality and it has never worked a single day. If the issues cannot be solved, I rather send the Expert back and either receive a fair amount of money back or make a trade for a pair of Phantoms. However, my preferred solution is that everything just works like advertised and promised. What do you propose please ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - by Georgethesixth - 14-Jul-2016, 13:22