Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet into other power amps?
Dr Tone,

I see that you have your Devialet on CAM; have you decided to move to another system? I know one other member who was considering a pre-out board for his D120 and using other power amps, but that was in part a need for more power to drive his speakers.

It seems an expensive way to experiment, buying multiple power amps, but I know that for some the box-swaping is part of the hobby. Ayre and ARC (which I think you are referring to) are certainly very highly regarded products.

It sort of reminds me of the guitar/ bass amplifier world: it is a matter of finding a system that gives the best overall sound (to your ears), rather than just the bass or treble or midrange. I gave up expensive vintage tube amps in favour of a SS integrated bass head because, on balance, I had a better, more appropriate overall sound... for me.

But I would be surprised if dissecting the Devialet does the job. So, for you, it may not be the right pizza box.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
Devialet into other power amps? - by Dr Tone - 30-Jun-2016, 01:52
RE: Devialet into other power amps? - by Damon - 01-Jul-2016, 02:36
RE: Devialet into other power amps? - by f1eng - 01-Jul-2016, 17:35