Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimisation of Audirvana for best sound quality
Dear ALL :

I'm kinda new to computer audio & I need your help & support ... 

Could you please advise the best optimisation of Audirvana 

Screenshots are below ...

Thanks in advance !!

[Image: image.jpg]

Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Surprising - - that not a soul wants to help ?
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(13-Jul-2016, 16:58)audio_engr Wrote: Surprising - - that not a soul wants to help ?

They are all at Oxford Audio listening to the new 1000Pro  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(13-Jul-2016, 17:03)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(13-Jul-2016, 16:58)audio_engr Wrote: Surprising - - that not a soul wants to help ?

They are all at Oxford Audio listening to the new 1000Pro  Smile

Switch off upsampling, sounds better to send native data to the dev. Also the actice audio device should also read dev!
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
Change audio volume to "DAC Only". I see that Audirvana doesn't recognize the Devialet as capable of 24/192 & DSD64. If you have any of that content it's going to downsample it I do believe.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(16-Jul-2016, 15:48)Dr Tone Wrote: I see that Audirvana doesn't recognize the Devialet as capable of 24/192 & DSD64. 

I have no problems playing native DSD64 files. This is how I have Audirvana set up. I am using ver 2.5.1.4
going to Air 3 beta, Ethernet to Devialet.

Brian

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(16-Jul-2016, 15:48)Dr Tone Wrote: Change audio volume to "DAC Only".  I see that Audirvana doesn't recognize the Devialet as capable of 24/192 & DSD64.  If you have any of that content it's going to downsample it I do believe.

Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated !!

I have setup Audirvana now as per BrianT's thumbnails and lets see if I see any improvements.
(17-Jul-2016, 12:32)BrianT Wrote:
(16-Jul-2016, 15:48)Dr Tone Wrote: I see that Audirvana doesn't recognize the Devialet as capable of 24/192 & DSD64. 

I have no problems playing native DSD64 files. This is how I have Audirvana set up. I am using ver 2.5.1.4

Brian

Hi Brian :

Appreciate indeed for the thumbnails. My ver is 2.5.3 ... And I haven't yet managed to get AIR beta 3 working on my mac & D400 ... 

Hence am still on USB and lemme try the settings you've suggested and see any improvements ...

Once again .. Thanks a ton !!
(17-Jul-2016, 20:10)audio_engr Wrote:
(17-Jul-2016, 12:32)BrianT Wrote:

Brian

Hi Brian :

Appreciate indeed for the thumbnails. My ver is 2.5.3 ... And I haven't yet managed to get AIR beta 3 working on my mac & D400 ... 

Hence am still on USB and lemme try the settings you've suggested and see any improvements ...

Once again .. Thanks a ton !!

I have Audirvana setup now this way ...

Am now trying to setup Streaming by Ethernet ...

Thanks to Dr Tone & BrianT for helping out ...

[img][Image: image.jpg][/img][img][Image: image.jpg][/img]
I see your changes helped Audirvana see the Devialet for it's full sample rate offering. Nice!
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2