Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimisation of Audirvana for best sound quality
(19-Jul-2016, 10:19)audio_engr Wrote: Hi Brian :

1. Definitely the walkthru for AIR needs to be a sticky !!

2. I was expecting the move to AQ Diamond ... but a ques here ... Why AQ Diamond ?  There are soooooo many nice digital cables out there ... I for one, am a big fan of XLO from the days of its founder Roger Skoff in the '90s. I would probably lean towards finding a Neutrik NA2MPMF (RCA female to XLR male) adapter and trying out the XLO digital cable off my CD transport in place of the stock Devialet one some time soon ... 

-- Arup

Aurp

No particular reason for looking at the AQ SP/DIF -AES/EBU cable, I just like AQ cables, especially the Diamond line as they are solid silver.
The only other SP/DIF -AES/EBU cable I would look at would be the Audience SX cable, but thats real $$$ around $1400.00 usd
I'm glad you managed to get both Audirvana and Air working the same day, that makes for a real good day   Cool

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Messages In This Thread
RE: Optimisation of Audirvana for best sound quality - by BrianT - 19-Jul-2016, 11:26