Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download
(22-Jul-2016, 22:22)Confused Wrote: Interesting comments Cylob.  Can you explain what you mean by bass being 'too controlled'?  In the context you have written this, it is clearly a negative for you, but 'too controlled' sounds like a positive to me!  How can you have too much control of the bass?  I know that describing listening experiences in words is incredibly difficult to do (I'm rubbish at it!), I am just trying to understand this one.

The bass becomes too pointy (punchy) on my system and therefore looses weight. The bass feels much lighter.
Also the mids loose a lot of their warmth it seems.
My speakers are magnetostatics and are very clear and detailed, so the extra brightness that the later firmwares added are not working for me either.

They are not SAM-ed btw. Magnetistatics / electrostatics never are, unless they have a bass woofer added.
All this might work out great on a different system of course.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download - by Cylob - 23-Jul-2016, 08:06