Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download
(27-Jul-2016, 22:49)Confused Wrote:
(27-Jul-2016, 09:13)teddlesdee Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 21:17)Confused Wrote: Interesting posts so far!  If most of what has been said proves to be the case in my system, I think I'll very much like 10.0.2.  However, I do have a policy of only changing one thing at a time, with a significant change I like to wait about a month before doing anything else.  If you change two things, then notice something in casual listening, you might never know what exactly caused the change.  Anyway, I added a Mutec to my system last week, so I will need to stick the inferior old firmware for a week or so yet. Angry

I was taken aback with the sound-stage thing....

It is surprising how our brains 'fill in the gaps' when observing or listening... you don't notice it happening...

Comparison is the only method that can show up what we perceive as deficiencies between systems or setups...

so.. Mr Confused... methinks you are in for a treat!  Wink

Well my very new Mutec has definitely sharpened the stereo imagery / sound stage.  So this is a good example of why it's best not to change two things at once.  I can wait, you're not going to temp me......

I completely understand old chap!
Unfortunately, these days I don't have the deep pockets I used to have (mores the pity!), so since there is no 'cost' or 'loss' for me to try the new firmware, it was worth a go.....and the 'gain' to my ears turned out to be a very positive one!

Wink
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download - by teddlesdee - 28-Jul-2016, 08:54