Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download
(03-Aug-2016, 16:16)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I used to have Linn equipment (Klimax DS) and exactly the same thing used to happen - new firmware would come out with (say) only functional changes or a bug fix or two, nothing to do with sound quality, yet many people would report SQ differences. My opinion (looking at it from a software point of view which was my trade a while back, though usually C/C++ as opposed to the FPGA bytecode or whatever runs on the Dev) is that with a different version even minor changes will have a slightly different run profile on the processors in the Devialet, and perhaps slightly different power requirements. It would seem unlikely that these would be significant enough to make a difference but it's certainly a possibility. Another factor could be how the firmware is compiled down. We don't even know how Devialet manage their firmware build environment but I'd hope they keep it extremely consistent between builds. Different compilation flags between builds could affect how the firmware runs on the processor.

I will give credit to Devialet for the fact that they let us move forwards and backwards at will. Certain other companies make it difficult or impossible to go back to an earlier version of firmware once a newer version has been installed.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download - by Zappydev - 03-Aug-2016, 16:23