Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download
(04-Aug-2016, 22:32)Hifi_swlon Wrote: On more extended listening I went back to the old favourite 7.1.1 in the end.
I just wish I could have this (and stay with SAM1), but with the new features of 8, like DSD.
To my ears, each version since just seems a bit more 'aggressive' for want of s better word - despite seeming a bit more exciting at first.  Be it technically right or wrong, bass just seems better was v7 and SAM1 too - maybe it's just the profile for my speakers who knows.

Anyway, will be sticking here for a bit, living without DSD ad new display is a very small price to pay for the sound I had when I bought the unit.

I turned SAM off completely a few momths back.  It didn't do much for bass extension with my speakers in fact made them a little tubby even at 10-20% and for what improvements it made with imaging it messed with the PRAT.  Sucked some of the life out of the music for a better word.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Messages In This Thread
RE: Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download - by Dr Tone - 04-Aug-2016, 23:18