Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download
(11-Aug-2016, 12:45)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I've actually gone back to 10 so eating a few words there.

Partly it was my fault - I'd been experimenting with speaker wiring and had changed from bass ports to 'cross' wired, which makes them slightly brighter. I'd kind of forgotten, but I realised after a while when 7 wasn't sounding right.

The main reason for changing though was a horrible bass distortion on 7, which I'd never noticed before.
Not sure if it's the better source, or speaker position changes or whatever since I last had 7, but I couldn't live with that. I'm sure I would have noticed if it would have been audible previously. I use around +4/5 bass, and it really just sounded horrible on certain bass frequencies - like a clipping or similar distortion. Went back and searched here and see there are some posts about it - even me saying I don't hear it! So there you go. I miss the extra bass punch 7 gave, but not at that cost.

So looks like I'm on 10, and with speakers wired their usual way am happier, and it actually sounds pretty good. If only the tone controls were more advanced I could get it sorted properly, but if Roon ever get EQ into their program in any way I'll fine tune there.

HiFi_swlon, have you tried HQPlayer? It sits in the middle between Room and you DAC (or MRendu or whatever) and works with EQ curves generated by REW, for instance... May be worth a look.

Cheers!

L

Messages In This Thread
Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download - by LBameule - 11-Aug-2016, 20:28