Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download
(11-Aug-2016, 20:54)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(11-Aug-2016, 20:28)LBameule Wrote: HiFi_swlon, have you tried HQPlayer? It sits in the middle between Room and you DAC (or MRendu or whatever) and works with EQ curves generated by REW, for instance... May be worth a look.

Cheers!

L

Yes, thanks for the tip, I'm aware.

For a few reasons I decided not to explore it further.  I don't hear much difference with HQP but just hate the interface. Although a great free tool, I'm not exactly in love with REW either. It all gets a bit convoluted and annoying to experiment tbh. Also I like grouping zones and that rules it out. Plus I had a few weird things meaning HQP needed restarting or lost the DAC or whatever and just though it was adding too much complexity and hassle. This is the main hifi in the lounge so not really one to have people scratching their heads why music won't come out.

Just being able to load an AU equaliser or parametric EQ in audirvana to experiment was much better, so im just crossing my fingers Roon brings this or something similar (or full room EQ) in v1.3 and I'll suffer boomy and unexciting bass in the meantime. If it's not there in 1.3 I'll think again though!
Hi HiFi_swlon,

Have you tried decreasing the SAM level this might help to lessen or remove the boominess...

cheers. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download - by Seig_03 - 18-Aug-2016, 08:26