Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet - direct NAS connection
(26-Jul-2016, 18:41)Silvertouran Wrote: I have a DS215j and as far as i know the USB connections on the rear are solely for adding extra expansion HDDs for more storage.

Well ... not quite. DS serie is prepared for UPnP transfer as well as USB playback. My colleagues utylise Syn NAS (also yours) as a USB music servers, however no one has Devialet and DS115.
(26-Jul-2016, 18:09)MIKE Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 17:25)octaviars Wrote: I can try it again later tonight as I dont use USB right now and see if I have to change anything to get it playing.

Skickat från min E6653 via Tapatalk

Thank you, Octaviars, for your comments and commitment.
I look forward to hearing from you. 
Mike
Ok here goes my test.

I put the USB cable in the USB port on the front on my NAS and choose USB on my D400. Opened the DS audio app on my phone and started playing a tune directly. I have to choose USB speaker in the app, at first the sound was very low but that was only the volume that had to be turned up on the USB output.

So for me it is just plug and play, and for the sound it is really good.

Skickat från min E6653 via Tapatalk
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(26-Jul-2016, 18:43)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Here's another possibility - the user Audio Station is running under may not have sufficient permissions to access the audio device driver.
https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?t=91151

oooo shuuut!!

Yes - It could be the solution. I have not seen that option before (the column of "Renderer USB/DLNA" in user settings was to narrow and of course not activated). I will check it in couple minutes. 

Thanks, Mike
(26-Jul-2016, 19:53)MIKE Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 18:43)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Here's another possibility - the user Audio Station is running under may not have sufficient permissions to access the audio device driver.
https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?t=91151

oooo shuuut!!

Yes - It could be the solution. I have not seen that option before (the column of "Renderer USB/DLNA" in user settings was to narrow and of course not activated). I will check it in couple minutes. 

Thanks, Mike

Rufus, You are the man!
it was not as easy as ABC but not a rocket science too Smile - here is the instruction manual for other users (Polish to English translation):

1. Synology / Audio Station / Top Menu / User rights - "Renderer USB/DLAN" (ON)
2. Synology / Audio Station / Top Menu / Advanced settings - "Turn on the high quality output for USB speakers" (ON)
3. Synology / Audio Station / Top Menu / "My computer" replace by "USB speakres" 
4. iPhone / DS Audio app / "choose the player" settings - USB Speaker

Works!! Perfectly!

Thanks a lot!

Reg, Mike
Good to hear you solved it Smile
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Excellent! Often the device driver files are only writeable by the root user, and it's quite likely the admin user on Synology doesn't have those privileges. Would be nice if Audio Station could've popped up a useful 'permission denied' error message though to make it a bit easier! There's probably loads of those errors sitting in a log file somewhere from your past attempts.
(26-Jul-2016, 20:49)octaviars Wrote: Good to hear you solved it Smile

nobody is more happy than myself  Big Grin

thank you Octaviars for your support
(26-Jul-2016, 21:04)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Excellent! Often the device driver files are only writeable by the root user, and it's quite likely the admin user on Synology doesn't have those privileges. Would be nice if Audio Station could've popped up a useful 'permission denied' error message though to make it a bit easier! There's probably loads of those errors sitting in a log file somewhere from your past attempts.

Well, I am not quite familiar with this IT voo doo, thus I usualy do not understand the reasons that something does not work.
The more I am glad when it works.  Smile

Thanks once again, Rufus.
I did it for a friend 2 months ago. Install audio station at synology, connect via Usb, use the ds audio app on "I" device, select Usb as output. Simple. Only that sometimes between songs there is a small noise of a " pop " sound.
(27-Jul-2016, 02:24)warpeon Wrote: I did it for a friend 2 months ago. Install audio station at synology, connect via Usb, use the ds audio app on "I" device, select Usb as output. Simple. Only that sometimes between songs there is a small noise of a " pop " sound.

Hi,

I have not detected any inconvenience so far (including the noise you are writing about).
Moreover, since I solved the problem wih direct NAS connection I've had couple hours to compare it with PCWin10 + JR MediaCenter setup and Devi AIR on Mac. And ... I am wondering if there is any reason to turn on my laptops. 

1. Transfer NAS-Devi is stable - no hiccups.
2. Sound quality - excellent.
3. Communication with DS Audio on iPhon is immediate and fluent (the only problem is that the covers' display does not work quick enough - not a big deal)

Cheap (no adidtional soft/hard-ware or external devices), very comfortable, easy to implement solution with very good sound quality. 

From my point od view highly recomendable.

Reg, Mike