Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet - direct NAS connection
By the way ... in Poland we used to say; "appetite grows with eating".

Warpeon - have you also integrated Synology with Spotify or Tidal?
I have heard that it is possible.
(27-Jul-2016, 02:24)warpeon Wrote: I did it for a friend 2 months ago. Install audio station at synology, connect via Usb, use the ds audio app on "I" device, select Usb as output. Simple. Only that sometimes between songs there is a small noise of a " pop " sound.

I get that "pop" between songs if they are DSD, seems that the Synology is transcoding it to 192kHz, that is what my Devialet is showing. With regulare FLAC there is no pops. 
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(27-Jul-2016, 09:56)MIKE Wrote: By the way ... in Poland we used to say; "appetite grows with eating".

Warpeon - have you also integrated Synology with Spotify or Tidal?
I have heard that it is possible.

I run Tidal on Bubble upnp app but plays throug a Chromecast, would be nice to run it via USB from the Synology as that sounds much better to me.

Anyone here who knows if it is possible to play Tidal through the USB port on the Synology NAS.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

No. I haven't able to. Someone told me you need bubbleupnp to control the nas. Then tidal is on bubbleupnp which is then integrated with the nas. I don't have any android device, so didn't know how it is done. In my case, I bought an auralic Aries mini, which can upnp from nas and integrate with tidal. If you haven't bought a nas, the cheapest way is actually Aries mini with internal ssd/hdd. The integration with tidal is nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(27-Jul-2016, 12:42)warpeon Wrote: No. I haven't able to. Someone told me you need bubbleupnp to control the nas. Then tidal is on bubbleupnp which is then integrated with the nas. I don't have any android device, so didn't know how it is done. In my case, I bought an auralic Aries mini, which can upnp from nas and integrate with tidal. If you haven't bought a nas, the cheapest way is actually Aries mini with internal ssd/hdd. The integration with tidal is nice.

I have Bubble but the NAS usb output is not seen as a render in Bubble app hence my question. I dont know if the NAS is seen as a render in the network? I dont inteend to use it in the future just fun to know if it is possible.

Second system

(27-Jul-2016, 14:24)octaviars Wrote:
(27-Jul-2016, 12:42)warpeon Wrote: No. I haven't able to. Someone told me you need bubbleupnp to control the nas. Then tidal is on bubbleupnp which is then integrated with the nas. I don't have any android device, so didn't know how it is done. In my case, I bought an auralic Aries mini, which can upnp from nas and integrate with tidal. If you haven't bought a nas, the cheapest way is actually Aries mini with internal ssd/hdd. The integration with tidal is nice.

I have Bubble but the NAS usb output is not seen as a render in Bubble app hence my question. I dont know if the NAS is seen as a render in the network? I dont inteend to use it in the future just fun to know if it is possible.
No way i know (unless using bubble) to run it through synology
Chromecast audio has native tidal support now it also has Native support for ds audio
I agree ds audio is good but to really do the devialet justice you should consider getting an aries mini
The lightning ds spp itself is worth it.
Perhaps in a couple years itll be economical to run ROON on a synology and itll best the auralic
But as of now i3 and i5 processor nas is just too expensive.
Sam

Raidho D1/ Devialet D200
microRendu/ sonicTransporter/ ROON
Audience AU24e Speaker Cable
Cardas USB Cable
Transparent Powerlink Power Cable
Audience AR1P Conditioner

System 2
Meridian F80
Chromcast Audio (w/ Native TIDAL and DS Audio)
MIT Optical Cable
I am trying to integrate Synology with Spotify through Logitech Media Center... so far in vain - according to info I got, it's technicaly possible.

btw; I have just been at "listening session" (DEV 200 + B&W 805D3) - I have drawn hi-res signal form my NAS located at home stright to Devi by AIR (Mac). Big fun!! Smile Smile
(27-Jul-2016, 15:41)sfjain Wrote:
(27-Jul-2016, 14:24)octaviars Wrote:

No way i know (unless using bubble) to run it through synology
Chromecast audio has native tidal support now it also has Native support for ds audio
I agree ds audio is good but to really do the devialet justice you should consider getting an aries mini
The lightning ds spp itself is worth it.
Perhaps in a couple years itll be economical to run ROON on a synology and itll best the auralic
But as of now i3 and i5 processor nas is just too expensive.

I've noticed that you used hi-end components (Raidho, Devi 200) together with relatively cheap Aries Mini. I understand that you applied it as music bridge not DAC-Streamer (?). It is a tempting solution taking into account its functionality and flexibility. How do you assess this "marriage"?
I could consider a new QNAP Nas to plug from USB to D400 too. USB input would be equal to AES ?
And how important is the USB cable quality ? I have an Ultraviolet one in a closet that could be used.
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
(26-Sep-2016, 13:05)jfp Wrote: I could consider a new QNAP Nas to plug from USB to D400 too. USB input would be equal to AES ?
And how important is the USB cable quality ? I have an Ultraviolet one in a closet that could be used.

I think  it is generally agreed that USB is inferior to AES/EBU as far as sound quality goes, that's one of the reasons why I bought a Mutec MC3+USB.  I have used cables from DHLabs and found them to be very cost effective. I don't know the Ultraviolet that you have, but anywhere is a good starting point.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England