Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
New streamerboard, what functions do we want?
Functionally I can't think of anything else you already mentioned.

I'm assuming this new board will replace the current 'DUET' board so I hope that Devialet (not sure if I myself will ever buy this/do the upgrade though or stay with external high(er) quality devices or even move away from Devialet completely) will add (full) galvanic isolation to the USB input, not use an ASRC but I2S into the DAC (or FPGA), take extreme care in isolating the different power domains, use very high quality clocks like the higher end Crysteks and take care in shielding the rest from the amp from EMI/RFI radiation. Their 'bits are bits'/'digital is without faults' reasoning they seem to implicitly express up to now will not cut it, not for me anyway and not in 2016/2017.

Something that's probably not interesting for the bigger community but would be for me would be an I2S input over a HDMI or RJ45 connector. Another thing I'm interested in is a wordclock input to connect a HQ external clock.

An upgrade of the WiFi board to support 5GHz and AC would probably be nice too for many people. Not me personally, I'll probably disable it soon as I can. What customers should be able to disable as well would be the PLC functionality they've said they will integrate into it.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: New streamerboard, what functions do we want? - by Antoine - 27-Jul-2016, 15:32