Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
New streamerboard, what functions do we want?
I think the original list is much more extensive than I would be able to suggest. As a 'basic' kind of home hi-fi guy, I don't need esoteric inputs, but as an advanced audio product, including them (whatever they are) makes sense. Devialet should not fall behind in these areas. 

As opposed to ultimate sound quality, I personally would like to see a streamer that gives me access to the widest possible number of sources and services. An Aurender, for example, only streams Tidal, AFAIK. That is a big drawback for me, as their music selection is too limited for my oddball tastes. As a result I have Deezer Elite and Spotify Premium (came with a cel phone plan). We also use TuneIn Radio a great deal, easily for 90% or our casual listening. I think the Deezer Elite SQ is very good. But overall, access to the music is more important than quality higher than CD res for me. But I agree that Devialet should perform at the top of the market for SQ based on a reliable technology. 

I would also want the product to have the fullest functioning, most complete interface possible for whatever streaming source is selected. I like that Sonos lets one stream a very wide range of services, but the interface is quite crippled for many of them. I understand that that condition is a function of the Application Programming Interface (?) that any service licenses to Sonos, but it is very frustrating.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: New streamerboard, what functions do we want? - by Damon - 27-Jul-2016, 18:09