Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
New streamerboard, what functions do we want?
(28-Jul-2016, 06:39)octaviars Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 01:23)Celts88 Wrote: What exactly will the Streamer Board bring to the Expert range that AIR functionaly does already (and I'm not meaning fix the problems with AIR Smile ).

What does a Streamer board do???

You dont need to have a computer to stream music from say a NAS or Tidal or othermusic services if they are supported by the app/streamer inside the Devialet. 

If they get Roon you still need a computer.

Ok, makes sense now, wasn't thinking straight as since having Roon I don't use Spotify (my wife and kids still do however) and I access Tidal within Roon.

As I've got a lifetime membership with Roon, for the moment most likely carry on with the Mac Mini or get a NAS to store my own music files. even with the Streamerboard (or is it going to be called the 'OS Card'), will still need to store my Music files somewhere, unless can connect directly to the Expert Pro via USB and play from there (or from a NAS).

From an SQ perspective is the Streamerboard going to add anything from an SQ perspective that AIR already does (when it works Tongue )
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
RE: New streamerboard, what functions do we want? - by Celts88 - 28-Jul-2016, 07:43