Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
New streamerboard, what functions do we want?
I'm with you Antoine/Dr. Tone.

I don't expect the board doing any good to the sound of the D. Functionality may or may not be improved by the streamerbaord but I can't think of anything contributing to better sound. DRC will be a pain in the a.. (at least for the purists of us) looking on SQ if it would ever come with the streamerbaord...so what usefull things are left?

A new device like the streamerboard can not improve the sound because of the additionally enclosed new power peaks/switching/consumption of this device.
That gives me an idea: Has anybody tried to unplug the Wifi-Board and Phono-Board if he doesn't use this? Does unplugging them improve the sound of streaming over USB/Ethernet/XLR?
I know you can shut off funtionality of Wifi and Phono in the configurator, but I assume the boards will stay powered and only the signal path is switched off or altered. So the boards themselfes still 'polute' the interior of the D along they are not used.
Hey Antoine...another seed... Wink  . I know my ideas are annoying, aren't they  Big Grin .

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

Messages In This Thread
RE: New streamerboard, what functions do we want? - by yabaVR - 22-Jan-2017, 12:55