Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
My Phantom Golds Arrive Friday!!!!!!!
Hi all
Thanks for this forum which provided great insight when we decided to buy our 2 silvers.
Loved the silvers, but I had bought them a few days before the golds were announced. I loved the silvers so much that I didn't think about changing them until I saw that the specs were physically different, new adh and titanium tweeter. Also read an article where a guy from Devialet said that they completely redesigned some components. That's when my wife and I we decided to upgrade to golds.
We got them yesterday evening from Harrods and our first impression was yeah they look good. The gold is a very nice touch and it looks good.
The second impression was when we started playing music and yes it is crisper, sharper (and louder). For us it was a difference that we both felt. Our setup is different, rectangular living room of 25 m2. At a lower volume it sounds more refined. While we were listening at 30-35 with the silvers I am now at 20-25 as it is now louder but also at this level it is crisp and it feels good. These are only our very initial impressions but I can tell you now that we don't regret upgrading to the golds.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Phantom Golds Arrive Friday!!!!!!! - by Vince - 06-Aug-2016, 10:34